Calvados 20 ans
A.O.C. Calvados du Pays d'Auge
Calvados 20 ans has been aged for at least 20 years in a wooden vat and toasted oak barrels.
- Clay and Oxfordian marl soil.
- 80% of bittersweet apples
20% of acid apples
- from September to November
- Alcohol cont.
- 42 % vol.
The apples are mixed, crushed and pressed. The apple juice is fermented right out to give cider to be distilled. Double distillation is carried out 6 months after the fermentation has taken place. The first distillation gives the "petite eau" at 30% by volume and it is the second distillation, that of the "petite eau" which gives the Calvados.
Aging: Twenty years minimum. In wooden vats and toasted 400 litre (88 imp gallon) oak barrels.
Eyes: Mahogany colour. Clear and brilliant.
Nose: Very round. Earthy aromas, dried fruits with floral hints develop progressively. Great intensity.
Mouth: Spirituous, long and intense. Well balanced between the aromas of fruit and aging (grilled hazelnuts). Very silky and concentrated.
(Read also: Tasting Calvados)
- Storage: very long, bottles upright without special precautions.
- With the dessert: can accompany desserts based on apple and chocolate (mousse or cake).
- As a digestive: Drinking temperature 20-22°C (68 to 72°F). A great classic.
Bottle types: 150 cl - 70 cl - 35 cl - Carafe