Calvados 10 ans
A.O.C. Calvados du Pays d'Auge
Calvados 10 ans has aged 10 years in oak barrels, with 25% of new oak.
- Clay and Oxfordian marl soil.
- 85% of bittersweet apples
15% of acid apples
- from September to November
- Alcohol cont.
- 42 % vol.
The apples are mixed, crushed and pressed. The apple juice is fermented right out to give cider to be distilled. Double distillation is carried out 6 months after the fermentation has taken place. The first distillation gives the "petite eau" at 30% by volume and it is the second distillation, that of the "petite eau" which gives the Calvados.
Aging: Ten years minimum. In toasted 400 l (88 imperial gallon) oak barrels, 25% of which are new. Bottled when ordered.
Eyes: Gold colour, limpid shiny aspect, gold disc, golden reflection.
Nose: Intense, baked apple, floral and aniseed note.
Mouth: Fresh attack, beautiful finesse followed by a sweet aromatic expression, aroma of silky apples, slightly minty and spicy finish.
(Read also: Tasting Calvados)
- Storage: very long, bottles upright without special precautions.
- As an Aperitif: on its own, or possibly over ice.
- As a Digestive: perfect for enthusiasts of fine eaux-de-vie, dark chocolate and cigars.
Bottle types: 150 cl - 70 cl - 50 cl - 35 cl - Carafe