Calvados 10 ans
A.O.C. Calvados du Pays d'Auge
Calvados 10 ans has aged 10 years in oak barrels, with 25% of new oak.
- Clay and Oxfordian marl soil.
- 85% of bittersweet apples
15% of acid apples
- from September to November
- Alcohol cont.
- 42 % vol.
The apples are mixed, crushed and pressed. The apple juice is fermented right out to give cider to be distilled. Double distillation is carried out one month after the fermentation has taken place. The first distillation gives the "petite eau" at 30% by volume and it is the second distillation, that of the "petite eau" which gives the Calvados.
Aging: Ten years minimum. In toasted 400 l (88 imperial gallon) oak barrels, 25% of which are new. Bottled when ordered.
Eyes: Gold colour, limpid shiny aspect, gold disc, golden reflection.
Nose: Intense, baked apple, floral and aniseed note.
Mouth: Fresh attack, beautiful finesse followed by a sweet aromatic expression, aroma of silky apples, slightly minty and spicy finish.
(Read also: Tasting Calvados)
- Storage: very long, bottles upright without special precautions.
- As an Aperitif: on its own, or possibly over ice.
- As a Digestive: perfect for enthusiasts of fine eaux-de-vie, dark chocolate and cigars.
Press comments and Awards
2023 Spirits Selection by Concours Mondial de Bruxelles: Silver medal
Bottle types: 150 cl - 70 cl - 50 cl - 35 cl - Carafe