Calvados 15 ans
A.O.C. Calvados du Pays d'Auge
Calvados 15 ans has aged 15 years in oak barrels.
- Clay and Oxfordian marl soil.
- 80% of bittersweet apples
20% of acid apples
- from September to November
- Alcohol cont.
- 42 % vol.
The apples are mixed, crushed and pressed. The apple juice is fermented right out to give cider to be distilled. Double distillation is carried out 6 months after the fermentation has taken place. The first distillation gives the "petite eau" at 30% by volume and it is the second distillation, that of the "petite eau" which gives the Calvados.
Aging: Fifteen years minimum. In toasted 400 l (88 imperial gallon) oak barrels. Bottled when ordered.
Eyes: Gold colour. Clear and brilliant, bright meniscus, fine legs
Nose: Powerful and intense, fine, complex, without aggression. First impression is of wood and vanilla. After swirling, floral and citrus (mandarins and oranges).
Mouth: Gently spirituous, persistent and intense. Aromas of green apples, of dry fruit (hazelnuts) of wood and vanilla.
(Read also: Tasting Calvados)
- Storage: very long, bottles upright without special precautions.
- With the dessert: can accompany desserts based on apple and chocolate (mousse or cake).
- As a digestive: perfect for enthusiasts of fine eaux-de-vie, dark chocolate and cigars.
Challenge Best French Wines & Spirits for Asia
-> Silver medal in 2016
Bottle types: 150 cl - 70 cl - 35 cl - Carafe