Calvados and Ciders
A rich Terroir and a touch of Class
Open day for Gourmets
Saturday 27th May 2017 - 10am-6pm
DOMAINE DUPONT - 14430 Victot-Pontfol - France
Tel.: +33 (0)231.632.424 - Fax: +33 (0)231.631.476 - Email
infos - Webdesign: Studio Amarante
The Louis Dupont Family estate:
Located in Pays d'Auge, a part of Normandy well known for the quality of
its agricultural products, the Dupont Family estate consists of 30 hectares
(74 acres) of orchards in Normandy, in the heart of the Pays d'Auge region.
The estate produces ciders, pommeau and calvados.
The Orchards: In order to reach perfect balance
in its ciders and calvados, Domaine Dupont uses no less than 13 different
varieties of cider apple, all perfectly adapted to the Pays d'Auge terroir.
Terroir consists of nutrient poor clay and marl soil, perfect for giving
The Making of Cider and Calvados: Apples
are only gathered when at full maturity. The apples are then washed and sorted
just before being pressed. Fermentation starts in vats and continues slowly
in the bottle to create the natural effervescence of cider.
Distillation and Aging of Calvados:
Apples are washed and sorted. All the Domaine Dupont calvados are created
by the double distillation process. The aging in barrels can last up to forty
Calvados and Ciders: The complete range
of ciders, calvados and other Apple Delights of Domaine Dupont, Pays d'Auge,
Tourism in the Pays d'Auge: The Cider
Route explores the part of the area most suitable for making cider and calvados:
the best terroir for apple trees is in fact the first slopes of the Pays
Find Dupont Ciders and Calvados: List
of wine-merchants, restaurants and distributors of ciders and calvados from
Contact and Visits: Coordinates, address,
access map and contact form.
- Cidre Bouché: Created using
the traditional method of the Pays d'Auge. Cidre Bouché is
full of fruit and freshness, the taste reveals the aromas of apples and
citrus with finesse .
- Organic Cider: The apples and the
techniques used to make the cider are in conformity with European standards
relating to organic agriculture, "Bio UE".
- Cidre Reserve: Aged six months in
oak casks which were used to hold Calvados. This aging gives subtlety and
- Cidre Triple: Created using a selection
of bitter apples, inspired by the techniques used to make the famous long
keeping dark beers. With its bitterness and fruit flavours, its alcohol
strength and fine amber colour, Cidre Triple is an unusual artisanal
product of strong and individual personality.
- Cuvée Colette: Cider made
following the "méthode traditionnelle" (traditional method) of making
sparkling wines. Refined and elegant, it makes an excellent drink as an
- Tasting Cider: How and when do you taste cider? Cider's aromas, Good matches between cider
and food. Cider in cooking.
- Givre: Domaine Dupont exclusive. This non
sparkling "sweet wine" from apples, low in alcohol, has unique aromatic
richness and sweetness. Givre won a prize at the Innovative Food
from Normandy competition.
- Pommeau: Felicitous marriage between Calvados
and freshly pressed tannin-rich apple juice, Pommeau combines
power, sweetness and gentleness.
- Calvados Cream: A harmonious mixture
between young calvados and a liquor, based on single (light) cream, cream
liqueur Calvados Cream is a sweet and unctuous liqueur with aromas
of caramel, apples and vanilla.
- Petillant: This sparkling
Apple Juice is 100% natural apple juice, without added sugar, preservative
or colouring. It is a healthy elegant drink, for young and less young alike.
- L'Original: The white calvados,
named "Original", has aged 2 years in old oak casks. Fruit forward, it
is pale yellow in colour.
- Calvados Fine Reserve: This
calvados has aged 2 years in oak barrels, with 50% of new oak.
- Calvados Reserve: Calvados Reserve has
aged 3 years in oak barrels, with 25% of new oak.
- Calvados Vielle Reserve: Calvados Vieille Reserve has
aged 4 years in oak barrels, with 25% of new oak.
- Calvados VSOP: Calvados VSOP has
aged 5 years in oak barrels, with 25% of new oak.
- Calvados Hors d'age: Calvados Hors d'Age has
aged 6 years in oak barrels, with 25% of new oak.
- Calvados Plus de 12 ans: Calvados More
than 12 years has aged 12 years in oak barrels, with 25%
of new oak.
- Calvados Plus de 15 ans: This calvados
has aged 15 years in oak barrels.
- Calvados Plus de 20 ans: Calvados More
than 20 years has been aged for at least 20 years in a wooden vat
and toasted oak barrels.
- Calvados Plus de 30 ans: This calvados
has been aged for at least 30 years in a wooden vat and toasted oak barrels.
- Calvados Plus de 45 ans: This calvados
has been aged for at least 45 years in a wooden vat and toasted oak barrels.
- Calvados Vintage 1989: Calvados Vintage
1989 was distilled in 1989 and aged in oak vat and in a toasted
oak barrel. It was treated in such a way as to maximise its concentration
- Calvados Vintage 1980: This calvados
was distilled in 1980. Has aged in oak casks since
- Calvados Vintage 1977: This calvados was distilled in 1977. Has aged in oak casks since
- Calvados Vintage 1969: This calvados
was distilled in 1969. Has aged in oak casks since
- Calvados Plus de 30 ans Non-Réduit: Calvados More
than 30 years Unreduced is a strong calvados: it is bottled at cask
strength, with neither dilution nor cold filtration. It has been treated
in such a way as to maximise its concentration and complexity.
- Calvados Plus de 45 ans Non-Réduit:
Unreduced. It is bottled at cask strength, with neither dilution nor cold
filtration. Has aged 45 years in oak casks.
- Pomme Captive: The Pomme Captive bottle
contains an attractive apple, macerating in young Calvados. In order to
create this attractive presentation, the carafe is suspended in the spring
from the branches of the apple tree...
- Tasting Calvados: How do you taste Calvados? When do you taste Calvados? Good matches between Calvados and food.
(c) 2011-2017 - All rights reserved
WARNING: This website is intended only for persons of
Legal Drinking Age or Legal Purchasing Age.